Have you noticed a rise in allergy symptoms among your family? Or there is more dust in the air than usual?
Your home may need a duct cleaning!
Having clean air ducts helps circulate clean and fresh air in your home and greatly reduces allergens and irritants in the air. Here are some benefits that will have you calling a professional duct cleaner ASAP.
Benefits of Having Clean Air Ducts
- Creates a Cleaner Environment: Clean air ducts help reduce the amount of dust that circulates throughout your home. This in turn lowers the amount of cleaning that needs to be done to maintain a clean home.
- Reduces Allergens, Irritants and Odors: Pet dander, hair, bacteria, and mold, are all harmful airborne pollutants that can be trapped inside your air ducts. These can be harmful to those who suffer from allergies and respiratory problems. A build-up of dust and dirt can also result in a musty scent throughout your home.
- Breathe Easier: Having clean air helps everyone in your household to breathe easier and avoid any allergy triggers. It also ensures that the air you breathe is safe and clean.
- Improves Air Flow: Air ducts that are not clean can have heavy build-up and grime that makes it hard for air to efficiently flow throughout your home. This causes your system to have to work a lot harder than necessary.
Want to try to clean your home air ducts yourself? Here are some of our tips!
- Have the Right Materials: Before you start to clean your air ducts, it is important to have the proper materials for the job. These include screwdrivers, vacuums, brushes, and a new furnace filter.
- Turn on the Fan: Keeping your fan on will help you move the dust you are trying to vacuum up.
- Loosen any dust Collected: Sometimes dust and grime can get caught in your ducts. Make sure you are using a brush to loosen any build-up.
- Clean the Blower Compartment and Furnace Fan: Use a vacuum to suck up any dust from your furnace fan and blower compartment.
- Make sure to get Inside Your Ducts: Lastly, Make sure to get inside your ducts with both a vacuum and brush.
Keep your family breathing healthy and your systems running smoothly with air duct cleaning and remember
If you ever have any trouble cleaning your air ducts, it is important to call a professional.